29 Apr Data Scientist – Customer Analytics – Machine Learning
|Salary||€45,000 - 55,000|
Alternatives are partnering with one of Ireland's leading financial services brands to appoint a talent, passionate and 'switched on' Data Scientist with an interest in predictive analytics,
This role sits on a dedicated analytics team focusing on providing customer and marketing insights, predictive analytics and reporting to key decision makers across the business. You'll join at an exciting time – when the future of data utilisation has never been brighter.
The successful candidate will join a team of experienced data analytics professionals responsible for acquiring, analysing and leveraging data to support growth and innovation in the utilisation of data. You'll see immediate gains from your input both now and into the future.
You'll need to:
- Bring a passion for acquiring data and using data to improve the performance of the organisation and the customer experience
- Have experience in supporting the development of key strategic data projects and delivering continuous enhancements to the analytics processes (Automation, Real time Analytics, Machine Learning and Data Visualisation).
- Bring bucket loads of passion about data
- A superior academic background in maths, stats or computer science
- Design and build innovative solutions that make the delivery of service to the customer better i.e. personalisation using data.
- Create solutions to challenging problems using data mining, machine learning and visualisation techniques.
- Acquire, interpret and document new data sources while developing domain expertise in the relevant business area. Become a subject matter expert and the go to person for particular data sources.
- Integrate new and existing data sources so we are constantly increasing our data repository to allow us to add value to multiple stakeholders.
- Analyse data using statistical tools and techniques to improve business processes, better serve our customers, design new products and support better decision making.
- Use your advanced analytics skills to join complicated dataset and identify trends, correlations and patterns which will drive business change.
- Solve business problems using data analysis and present back meaningful and actionable information to relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to projects and proof of concepts testing new analytics tool sets
Essential Key Requirements
- 3rd level degree
- 3 to 5 years` data science experience working with large datasets from varying sources e.g. relational and non-relational data sources.
- Experience with the integration and analysis of big data sources.
- Data retrieval and manipulation experience: SQL, Hive, HDFS, and PIG.
- Proven experience in statistics and machine learning techniques.
- Proven track record in designing and implementing successful data analysis solutions.
- Proven ability to work effectively with colleagues from different disciplines across business and technical functions.
- A drive to succeed and make a major contribution to the success of analytics across the business.
Desirable Key Requirements
- Experience with some of the following or similar tools: R, Python, SPSS, Spark or Scala.
- Experience in projects such as Image Recognition, OCR, real time clustering, NLP, deep learning etc.
€45k-€55k with additional perks including healthcare & pension.
Adrian Clarke is Business Manager for data analytics, data science, data insights & CRM at Alternatives.
About Alternatives Group
Alternatives Group is an award winning, dynamic talent resourcing business with 3 key divisions:
- Alternatives Resourcing: No. 1 in the market for marketing, digital and commercial permanent and interim recruitment
- Alternatives Loyalty & Managed Services: On-site, performance managed loyalty, marketing and commercial solutions
- Alternatives Elect: Global executive search service
Our flexible and dynamic business models ensure that we can provide right sized, talent appropriate solutions for our clients, who are typically medium to large Irish and global businesses with Irish hubs.
Alternatives | the home of marketing, digital, data analytics & customer-centric talent